|Size||US/CA||Bust||Natural Waist||Low Waist||Hips & Booty||Inseam*|
|XS||0 - 2||32 - 33||24 - 25||30 - 31||34 - 35||30"|
|SM||4 - 6||34 - 35||26 - 27||32 - 33||36 - 37||31"|
|MD||8 - 10||36 - 37||28 -29||34 - 35||38 - 39||31"|
|LG||12 - 14||38 - 39||30 - 31||36 - 37||40 - 41||32"|
|XL||16 - 18||40 - 41||32 - 33||38 - 39||42 - 43||33"|
|2X||20 - 22||42 - 43||34 - 35||40 - 41||44 - 45||33"|
|SM/MD||2 - 10||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|MD/LG||12 - 20||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Faux Assuit Beledi Dress
Beledi (pronounced “BE-LE-DEE”) means “of the country” and is a style of Egyptian dance from the early 20th century.
- A featured style from my Gold Assuit Glamjamas.
- Enjoy my Glamjamourous Photoshoot.
- The established apparel for this folkloric dance is a sleeved sheath style dress often paired with a hip scarf or fringe scarf.
- Our version of the Beledi Dress offers the quintessential features required for a dancer with customary standards, however is not limited solely to them.
- Try the Beledi Dress layered over harem pants, maxi skirt, or leggings for looks that range from traditional to contemporary.
- The combination of super stretchy fabric* and the versatile fit of this design makes this garment fit a wide range of sizes.
- Listed below is our definition of how our sizes compare to industry standards. If you are between sizes you are likely to fit both options.
- A medium-weight jersey blend of 90% Rayon/10% Lycra, with my new & exclusive faux assuit foil print.
This was another beautiful piece that missed in the original run, so I was jazzed when it came back up in the new faux assuit pattern. The dress design itself is sleek and very comfortable. It makes a perfect base for a dance belt, leather belt, or even a simple chain belt. The smoothness of this dress also lends itself beautifully to tribal body chains/drapes. The deep scooped neckline shows off the shoulders in the most lovely way, and works well with any necklace length. The 3/4 length sleeves do wonders to hide any arm jiggle one may have, while still drawing attention to bracelets. The stretch of the fabric and openness of the shoulders allows for effortless arm movement while dancing. The hem length is just right for showing off footwork during a performance, or showing off a killer pair of boots for a night out. Between the side slits and the stretch of the fabric this dress can accommodate any dance or adventure you throw at it. This dress is one of the best I have seen yet at showing off all the intricacy of the 2.0 assuit design because it shows off the whole run of the fabric design without breaking up the lines. This one is going to get a lot of wear!Reviewer: Melissa Williams (Huntsville, AL)
Everything about this dress works. The fabric is amazing: stretchy, soft and gorgeous. The dress is super flattering even on my 5'2" curves. It's perfect for stage, markets and haflas on its own or with harem pants or a skirt underneath. It'd be equally awesome for a night on the town. I'm in love!Reviewer: Kate White (Stirling, South Australia)
LBD of my Dreams! , 12.29.2016
The silhouette of the Beledi is ultra hotness. I'm a lady who enjoys showing off my shoulders as well as favoring elbow-length sleeves, and the Beledi neckline is deeeeelish. Love layering it over the maxi skirt for a longer look as well. It's not sheer at all as I'm happy to go topless underneath too thanks to its supersoftness. Please keep this design a MeloStandard! Dreaming of future color and fauxssuit opportunities... <3Reviewer: Lesley MacDonald (Cleveland , TN)
Stunning Dress!, 11.24.2016
This Beledi dress is absolutely stunning. Yes, you can wear it for performance, but it is equally at home for a dressy evening out, and would be perfect for a holiday party as well. The beautiful faux-assuit (fauxssuit?) fabric is not see-through, so you don't need anything special to wear under it (with the exception of a strapless bra). As with all clothing designed by Melodia, you FEEL beautiful in this dress, as well as look it.Reviewer: Peyton Etheredge-Norton (Las Vegas, NV)